- SA 2 Stereo Amplifier, hand made in Gainesville Virginia using top quality electronic components, circuit design, and point-to-point wiring. Read the reviews about this special vacuum tube amplifier in our NEWS section…Awarded the Positive Feedback Oasis Award at AXPONA 2019.
- All vacuum tube design (not a hybrid) with increased power output of 80 Watts RMS per channel and self bias using KT88/KT90/KT120 tubes (no adjustments required)
- 20Hz – 20kHz bandwidth
- User adjustable features including (global) negative feedback control (can vary 1.5dB-9dB), and Triode or Ultralinear output mode of operation
- Can be configured from stereo amplifier into mono operation providing a monoblock amp for even more power output
- Unbalanced (single ended) RCA inputs located in front (with diamond cover to conceal) and Balanced XLR inputs in rear
- Magic Eye vacuum tube displays for left and right output level meters with intensity display control (high-off-low)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: greater than 85 dB unweighted/unfiltered & referenced to full rated output power at 1kHz
- 4, 8, and 16 ohm output taps utilizing gold plated binding posts
- Gold plated RCA input connectors, Neutrik XLR connectors for Balanced inputs
- American made 13-Gauge steel enclosure…powder coated throughout (red lollypop base with satin black top plate)
- Ceramic tube sockets (attached directly to the chassis)
- Point-to-point handwired with 16-gauge Teflon insulated silver plated copper wire, and using Cardas silver solder for all electrical connections with star grounding employed
- Hand made by Mike McGary, with a Lifetime Warranty (except vacuum tubes- warranty is 90 days from date of purchase)
Color options for the SA 2 amplifier enclosure, top cover plate and the transformers can be customized for an additional cost…please inquire.